This Australian blog has a point… if you are in the Southern hemisphere, feel free to make this a “I went to the beach to do nothing but read” day. (On another weather-related note, Wisconsin is about to get pretty blizzardy.)
In December of 2009, Amanda Lanyon-LeSage said something on Facebook that could possibly change the world. She merely wished that she could take a day off and do nothing but read. Her idea was seconded–and thirded and fourthed–and then it happened for real.
The first Do Nothing But Read Day was held on Sunday, December 20, 2009. The most recent took place on Saturday, August 6, 2011.
Stay tuned for more DNBRDs in the future!
- Two Years and Counting!! wp.me/pKnH7-g5 5 years ago
- So far, a thoughtful read wp.me/pKnH7-fN 5 years ago
- In praise of a good cafe wp.me/pKnH7-fM 5 years ago
- Geek Out: Baking wp.me/pKnH7-fB 5 years ago
- Speak Out with Your Geek Out! wp.me/pKnH7-fm 5 years ago